Monday, October 26, 2015

Cheese Please

Well this is the first of many Mexican restaurant reviews to come.  Anyone who knows me knows I love Tex-Mex food, especially cheese enchiladas.  I usually make a quick judgement about a restaurant based on this one dish.  Today I visited Rosa's Mexican Restaurant on North 11th Street in Nederland.  I'd been here a few times before and decided to make a to-go order today.  This is a small restaurant along the side of the railroad tracks on Twin City Highway.  I think it was most recently the Railroad Cafe.  It is a local, family run restaurant.  The menu is small, but seems to have all the basic Mexican dishes covered.  They have a $5.99 lunch, where you can pick dishes like tamales, burritos, quesadillas and of course enchiladas.  I got the lunch cheese enchiladas and it comes with rice and beans.  You also have a choice of gravy or queso on the top.  Please don't judge based on this photo because in my opinion, Mexican food doesn't always look appealing.  Plus my beans seemed to have shifted during the drive home :)
I've had the queso before ($3.99 for a small) and it was good, but I really enjoy their salsa.  Their fountain drinks are only $1.99, which nowdays is pretty cheap.  I was also looking at their menu today and noticed they serve breakfast until 10:30, and some of it looked really good.  I'll have to try that out with the family on a weekend.  Overall, the prices are very reasonable, and I love the fact this is a local place.  Since I've only tried the cheese enchiladas, go try something different for me and let me know how you like it.  Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment