Thursday, November 5, 2015

More Than Just Sandwiches

My husband has been going to Chuck's Sandwich Shop in downtown Beaumont for many years.  The kids and I have had lunch there with him as well.  He says he's never gotten anything he didn't like.  Chuck's is a small, popular lunch stop on Pearl Street.  They are also open for breakfast, which my husband says is good.  You wait in line to order your food and hope to find a table as there are only about ten.  The place fills up fast and seems to do a ton of take-out orders.  The restaurant might be small, but the menu is just the opposite.  They have burgers, po-boys, baked potatoes, chicken and fish baskets, salads, and of course, sandwiches.  We had lunch there today and both of us tried something new.  It took awhile to get our food, but we sat near the kitchen and there were two rows of tickets at the window.  We could see the cook working non-stop to get orders ready.  My husband ordered the Reuben Sandwich, which had corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut.  He had tater tots with it.
I decided on the hamburger and fries.  My hamburger looks a little flat, because I normally just ask for cheese and mayonnaise.  The meat patty was a little smaller than Boss Burger, but it was still good and I prefer a thinner patty anyways.
The prices are very reasonable, and the woman at the cash register is always super friendly.  I always try to be supportive of small, local restaurants so let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment