Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Crowded Mexican Food Place on Highway 365

For the longest time, I wasn't sure what this place was.  A club?  Bar?  I knew it used to be a mexican restaurant called the Tropical Grill, but I was never really interested in the new place until a spur of the moment decision to eat there with my sister.  We consider ourselves conoisseurs of mexican restaurants and we usually keep it to a few places we can always count on.  Casa Ole' being our first choice.  We ventured out of our comfort zone one Saturday afternoon.  We drove by El Viejo Tony (across from Ritter's, by those apartments on Highway 365) a couple times before deciding to stop.  The place always seems crowded and I always forget the name.  I googled it and it actually means "The Old Tony".  We were surprised when we walked in.  It was very spacious and despite all the cars outside, there were plenty of tables open.  The salsa was warm and very good in my opinion.  They have a lunch menu that you can order from even on weekends.  I got the enchilada plate with rice and beans.  It came with three cheese enchiladas.  The rice was my least favorite and needed more seasoning or something, but the cheese enchiladas and beans were great.  

 
My sister got an enchilada, tamale and taco with rice and beans.  She likes her tacos full of meat and cheese and said this one passed the test.



The manager came by to check on us, which is always a plus in my book.  Perhaps it was "El Viejo Tony" himself?  After our lunch, we would definitely visit him again, and that says alot coming from a pair of picky Mexican food-eating sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment