Friday, December 18, 2015

Holler for Hollier's

The last few times my mom, sister and I have gone to Lake Charles for Christmas shopping we've stopped at a family-owned restaurant off I-10 (Ruth Street) in Sulphur called Hollier's Cajun Kitchen.  It kind of reminds me of Dorothy's Front Porch, which used to be in Beauxart Gardens.  I believe they have a lunch and dinner buffet but we ordered off the menu.  
 They have seafood, burgers and chicken, among other things.  I got the combination fried shrimp and catfish for about $15.  The shrimp were very good and I particularly loved the breading on the catfish.  It came with six large shrimp, three pieces of fish, two hushpuppies, baked potato and roll.  They also have a small salad bar that comes with your meal.  The potato salad is homemade and very good (made with a lot of mayo).
We were still a little full from our breakfast buffet so I was excited to bring home about half of my meal.  The kids spotted it and it quickly disappeared.  We also got some sausage and chicken gumbo to take home.  My mom and sister took home the seafood gumbo, which my nephew said was the best restaurant gumbo he's had.  I'm told there's also a Wednesday BBQ buffet which is supposed to be really good.  I think we might take the 45 minute trip again soon and bring the kids.  When you leave you can always sit back and relax on the porch rocking chair :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment